Tuesday, August 26, 2008

no words to describe


Hello All!
The last two days have been amazing driving! As of right now, I am in Ridgeway, Colorado, after a morning of driving one of the most beautiful roads in the country! The picture above is of Ouray, Colorado, probably one of my favorite towns!

This morning, I woke up after a cold, windy night. My tent was set up down in a valley between the mountains and the wind was howling through there at about 30 mph. It would pick up and then slow down and pick up again. Once I woke up this morning, the thermometer said it was 57 degrees, just a little chilly. So, after a hot shower, devotions, some breakfast and a conversation with an older gentleman while watching the Durango-Silverton Train rumble past, I took off up into the mountains. Now, there is just no was of describing the scenery along the Million Dollar Highway, as those of you who have been there know. Hopefully, in the future, I will be able to post some more pictures, even though they do not do justice.

Basically, this road is cut straight into the side of the mountains and in many places, it is staight up on one side and staight down on the other. Mountain peaks rise above 13,000 feet all around and I was just trying to look and stay on the road at the same time. It is the type of country where I am truly humbled before God. Who am I to brag about anything when I serve a God who set all these mountains in place and formed the beautiful river valleys? Who am I to be proud when the almighty has created such huge structures, where there are no words to describe and jaws just drop? God is so good and so huge and mighty, yet he loves each and every one of us even more than we could possibly imagine! That is something even more unfathomable to me than the size of those mountains!

Today has been a day of being lost in wonder of God the creator and lost in his artwork. There have been a few very good conversations with people along the road sharing the same awe and wonder. As of right now, I am just trying to soak in the wonder of God and hopefully continue to share it with the people that I meet.

From here, I head south through Telluride to Mesa Verde National Park and then, in a couple days, hopefully the Grand Canyon!

As I sat down for breakfast, devotions and prayer, I had "Praise To The Lord" running through my head. That, I have claimed, is the theme song for the past couple days.

Well, time to ride. God bless you all!

Tim

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tim,
This past spring break I went on PLIA and we drove on the million dollar highway and swam in the hot springs of Ouray.As you said the scenery is unbelievable, nothing like anything else I have ever seen. I too felt humbled and could not help but praise our mighty God.
Alex