Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 38- So many thoughts, so little time...



Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
The public library system has come through again! Yet, I cannot write for very long, because I have many miles which I wish to go yet today and it is already 4:16. Here's a brief synopsis of what has happened since I last blogged. I left Athens, GA and made my way over to Charleston, SC and camped there. The next day, Sunday, I went to church, which is the story I will write about. Then, I went down to Patriot's Point and upon arrival, I saw, on the deck of the U.S.S. Yorktown, they had and F-14 Tomcat. Now, for those of you who don't know, that is absolutely my favorite airplane! I had to go and see it. So, I got a pass and toured the Yorktown, and touched and took pictures of the Tomcat (amazing!) and toured a submarine, battleship and coast guard cutter.

After that, I took a ferry out to Ft. Sumter, the place where the first shots of the Civil War took place. Once again, an amazing historical place to visit.

But, I wanted to tell you about what happened Sunday and about the kindness of strangers. I showed up at a United Methodist Church at about 10 to 10 and saw the service didn't start until 11. Well, I really didn't want to stick around for an hour before church started. A lady soon hailed me and told me to come in, so I was caught. Upon going in, I was soon meeting many people and having a bible study before church, which was awesome! Then, I sat with her and her husband in church, where the Pastor proceeded to talk smack to me from the pulpit about not riding a Harly! It was crazy! But, I bet I met about 20-30 people who wished me God's blessings and I had 2 people give me their phone numbers if I had any trouble. That is amazing in it of itself! Well, then after the service, Faye and her husband (the couple who I sat with) asked if I had any plans for eating. "Not really." "Well, would you like to eat with us." "...well, sure why not." So, they took me out for shrimp and fries and we talked over dinner.

I had never been apart of a church that was so full of the love of Christ. They were honestly overflowing with love and joy for their Lord and I praise God for having met them. It was something completely unlooked for, but once again, God just amazed me with the power of his name, through is people.

There are so many thoughts that I want to write about, even from experiences playing on the beach this morning with relatives... but I better get going. There are many miles that I wish to cover yet.

Thank you so much for your prayers and for you support. Honestly, if it weren't for you praying and for the kindness of people along the way, both who I meet and who I stay with, I would have turned around long ago. So, Thank you all very much!!

Tim

No comments: