Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 32, long since overdue

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
It has been a long time since I last posted, so hopefully, not too many of you gave up on me. :) I haven't really been in a place where I could blog in quite a while, so I am sorry.

I am now over one third of the way through: Day 32, 5200 miles done. Crazy. The motorcycle is running great except for a leaky fork seal. Yar.

Currently, I am in a little town just west of the Great Smoky Mountains, somewhere in Tennessee. Here is a basic catch-up of where I have been the last few days. From Washington, I went down to Norfolk, VA and saw "The Dark Knight" with some friends. Then, to Kitty Hawk, NC because you just have to if you love or know anything about flying. Then, West all the way across NC to Black Mountain for a nights stay in the mountains. Yesterday, a trip down the Blue Ridge Parkway to a campground on the mountain and today has been driving through the Great Smoky Mountains.

There is just too much to write about, so I will throw in a few random things about yesterday and today because I don't have enough time or space to write everything. Yesterday, I drove about 80 or so miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway and I have never said "wow" so many times in an 80 mile stretch of road. There were some awesome views, which obviously, camera's don't do justice. For those of you who ride motorcycle or bike, these roads were a lot of fun to ride. It was up and down, over mountains, through tunnels, cutting left and right, accelerating and coasting... just a lot of fun.

My devotions times have been pretty good lately, probably mainly because I have actually been disciplining myself to do it. Since I am one third of the way through the trip, I recounted what happened and I realized how I haven't done a whole lot on a spiritual basis. Through prayer, I realize that I need to throw myself out there more and talk with people. So, last night, I was in a campground and I noticed the family next to me had prayed at supper. I went over there about 9 or so and thanked them for helping me earlier (they gave me some bread) and then I started talking with them and soon, our conversation led into spiritual matters. They were a great Christian family who was willing to help me and I had a great time talking with them about creation and how paths cross. We quoted some scripture and just sat around the fire and looked at the starts. Truly, it was amazing.

We shall see what the next few days bring. I am going to try and be more direct in ministering to people, so please pray about that. From here, I head south again towards Athens, GA and then back to the east coast and down to Florida. That's the plan.

Hopefully, I won't wait so long to blog next time! Thank you so much for all your prayers and support and I miss seeing you and hearing your voices!
God bless,

Tim

1 comment:

Tim said...

Tim--

I have been in California and got back yesterday. I enjoyed catching up with reading your blog and seeing your pictures. I'm glad you've been able to see so much related to the history of our country. It's also great to hear what God has been teaching you. We'll keep praying. Take care! Pastor Tim Brown