Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 55... to the big scratch!

Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
To fill you in a little bit about what happened in the last 24 hours, I ended up finding an outlet and got a hold of some awesome people who put me up for the night. It was great to talk with them and enjoy the evening. Thank you so much!

Right now, I am in a public library in Flagstaff, AZ and after this, I plan on making the trek up to the Grand Canyon. I plan on being there all day tomorrow and then leaving the next day, but I don't know when I will be able to update the blog again, so I thought I should fill you in. After that, I'm not quite sure... the Hoover Dam is on the agenda, but from there, I'm not sure. Ridgecrest, CA is the destination, but I'm not sure on the route yet.

After I blogged yesterday, it was an interesting ride. I drove to the Four Corners to touch 4 states at the same time and then I headed south through the red, very arid soil of Arizona. Mesas and blood red cliffs rose up all around as I cut my way through the dust. Thunderheads and rain showers also surrounded me. Truly, it was a great sight to see!

Also on this ride, I went through several phases. One, I got kind of down and out, for whatever reason, but I started listening to Chris Tomlin and just belted the songs out as I rode and that really cheered me up. But, after that, I started to get down on myself and also I realized various ways Satan was getting to me. Even now, I am having a hard time writing exactly what I felt, but I realized how Satan was using my bad decisions to frustrate me. I was becoming bitter towards myself and the world around me.

Also, yesterday, at a gas station, a guy came up to me and started talking and he wanted some money. I told him I didn't have anything to give him and I was in a hurry, so I was slightly annoyed and wanted to get going. Man am I ashamed of that. As I was riding down the road, it just hit me. That morning, I had done devotions reflecting on how love isn't rude and I had listened to Hebrews, James and 1 Peter where we are told to entertain strangers and called to an action of loving. I had just blown that guy off, when it was a perfect opportunity to minister to someone. But no. I was too caught up on my schedule...

So, it was a challenging afternoon of riding where I had to face many things in myself of how Satan was getting to me throughout the trip in ways I didn't see. Please pray that I can break through and keep fighting against Satan and his demons.

Once again, I apologize for the length and for not writing so coherently. I only have a very limited time to get everything done, so it is type as fast as I can and move on. God's blessings to you all!

Tim

No comments: