Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rain, Rain and Thoughts in the Rain

Well Friends, some time, a few miles and many questions have passed since I last posted. As of right now, I am near Bar Harbor, Maine which is on the same island as Acadia National Park. Basically, since I last wrote about the heat, it has done nothing but rain. My rainsuit has been the atire of choice, which can make for long road, especially when they are winding and weaving their way through the mountains of Vermont.

How do I sum up the last three days... Well, there were some beautiful roads and wonderful green mountains to ride through, yet because of the rain, I couldn't stop and enjoy them. I guess you could say I was discouraged because of the last three days. Sure, I was in beautiful country and there were some awesome roads to ride, but the rain really put a damper on that and the motorcycle hasn't been starting the way it should. One day, I had to get it jump started again because there wasn't enough power to turn over and then I didn't dare shut it off so I basically rode through Lake Placid, NY and couldn't stop. I was super bummed about that. Then, I wanted to ride to the top of Whiteface Mountain in New York and see the area from up there, but it was $9 to go to the top and it was in the clouds anyway, so you couldn't see anything. shoot.

One of the things that is really frustrating me about the trip is the lack of human interaction I have. I have been on the bike more hours than I planned and not enough hanging out in places, so I feel like I haven't even been able to try and talk with people. This feels a lot more like a not so well planned out vacation to me than anything else. Along with that, I am by myself, physically.

It is very hard for me to put into words what I have thought about the last three days on the bike, but I am really questioning if I should proceed any further. Am I really coming at this from a missional standpoint? Maybe I should head home in a few days... maybe this is the time where I need to focus and press on... and maybe this is a time for something else. Friends, please pray for guidance and pray that God gets my heart in the right place.

Tomorrow, I plan on taking in the sights of Acadia and then the next day, heading back down the coast of Maine. I will for sure head down into Massechussetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut, so I see how it goes over the next few days. Thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts would be appreciated.

Timothy

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hey Tim,

it's nice to hear how you're doing...and I've got to admit, I appreciate the cartoon pictures you put on the top of your posts. :)

You should really post a picture of yourself in your rain suit--what does it look like?

Kim said...

Tim --

I'm sorry to read of your discouragement. I'll be praying for you tonight.

I have relatives in New Mexico and California that I'm confident would open their homes to you... if parts of the trip ahead are looking sparse, let me know. You can post here or email me.

Blessings,
Kim S.

Matt said...

Buddy...

Praying for you every day, know that even if you're alone out there physically, don't dare believe you're out there alone. You have an army of supporters behind you all over the country. Imagine you...Lloyd...riding across the country for a cause and catching the bugs, and me, Harry, right behind you catching your snot...

Fight the good fight...

Matt