Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Groundhog Day!!

Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
Today felt like groundhog day, you know, where our little furry friend comes out and does the whole shadow looking thing. Well, the past 4 days have been rainy, cloudy and cool. I had almost forgotten what the sun looked like. This morning, I woke up and was on the road by 8:15 a.m. and it looked like rain, so I put on my usual apparel: the rainsuit. After driving for a couple hours and not a drop of rain, I was slightly confused and looked up at the clouds floating above my head wondering, just when they were going to unleash their gushes of water.

It never came and actually, something appeared beside me that I had forgotten existed. It was a dark figure, that looked strangly like my figure and appeared to be a shadow, but could it be? In case you were wondering, yeah, it was my shadow.

Today turned out to be a beautiful day and I'm sure, now that I have joked about it, the weather will completely reverse and cook me off the seat of the motorcycle. Besides the weather, I enjoyed company tonight in Rochester, NH, which was awesome. It was so nice to not have to worry about where I was going to sleep and it was awesome to enjoy great conversation over a hot meal. I truly do miss such things and appreciate them even more.

As for myself, I feel rejuvinated and ready to keep going for a little while longer. Thank you so much for all your notes of encouragement. It truly means a lot to me! The plan, I think, is to tour Boston tomorrow and possibly Cape Cod and then start heading west, through Rhode Island and Connecticut. Yep, that's it for now. I'm tired and my brain is shutting off. Good night and God bless you all!

Timothy

No comments: