Thursday, July 10, 2008

Brothers and Sisters,
A break... it was muy bien to have a break after the long organ-rattling rides down some rough roads. Today was a day of letting the motorcycle sit and traveling in a car for a while to the metropolis of Detroit and to venture into a place that few Twins fans dare to go... Comerica (if that's how you spell it) Park. Upon arrival, I instantly felt... how do you say... out of my place. Every where I looked was Tigers memorabilia and fans clothed in Orange and Blue. At one point, I saw one other Twins fan... our eyes met... he nodded and gave me the thumbs up. It was a connection that only lasted a second but left us both encouraged to press on in the harsh surroundings.

But, honestly, it was a beautiful stadium and a warm day and when the Twins did do something good, I was the only clapping hands that I could here. From my seat, I could only see 4 other Twins fans, so it was a little intimidating. As for the game, you can read about it online, but the Twins ended up battling their way back from being down by 4 to send it into extra innings and be capped off by Justin Morneau's solo homerun in the 11th to win it; after a 5 for 5 day. Let me tell you, when that ball left his bat and fly towards that wall, I was saying, "go, go" and everyone else was saying "no, no!" And yes, my hands were the only ones I could hear clapping. sigh.

It was a great day, beautiful stadium and good company (yes, tigers fans do speak english) :)
Tomorrow, I make for the wonderful flat lands of Ontario, Canada. Wish me luck and hopfully they let me back in the U.S. otherwise this trip is going to be much longer than planned.
God bless you all!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Hello, Tim! Glad to hear about the good progress you are making on your voyage/journey. We'll keep praying for safety and God's blessing on your conversations. "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Col. 4:6
Pastor Tim