Friday, July 18, 2008

Day 14- Better So far, but HOT!!


Greetings Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
Well, I am taking a break in Fulton, New York because it is hot. I saw a thermometer this morning at 10:30 a.m. that read 90 degrees F. It is now two hours later and even hotter. Drink lots of water I guess.
I should bring you up to speed about what happend the last 24 hours. Well, while in Hamilton, ON, my battery decided to die, so we were going to jump start the cycle and like an idiot, I hooked up the cables wrong and blew the main fuse on the bike. Amazingly, there was a spare fuse so we put that back in and jumped it, the right way this time. Once the bike was running, I took off, which wasn't a lot of fun because I had a great time there with special people, and headed for Niagara Falls. Going down the highway, the motorcycle would get to about 3000 RPMs and start missing and losing power... sigh. I prayed and prayed, but it didn't make any difference. There was a spiritual battle going on in my head and I was extremely frustrated. Well, I eventually made it to Lewiston, NY where, by the grace of God, I found someone to point me in the right direction and went to get my new battery. I had called them the day before that I was coming for it. With the new battery in place, I took off, back to Niagara Falls and stayed there for a while, but soon, I left and headed east. Now, I can't even express how frustrated I was and questioning so many things. It was the first day where I really wanted to turn around and go home.
Then, another miracle happened. I went to Lakeview State Park, right on Lake Ontario and set up my tent. While sitting at my table doing some devotions, a man (who's name will stay out of this) from across the way, came over with a plate of food and said, "I know what it is like to travel by motorcycle. Here." And he set a plate of food in front of me. When he walked away, I just started crying. But, it got even better. That night, I had made a few phone calls and relaxed on the rocks on the lake before going back to my site. Upon returning, the man's wife came over and asked if I wanted to join them around the fire. So, I went over and sat and talked with them for a couple hours. It was fantastic to say the least! And to top it all off, this morning, she even cooked me breakfast before I left. If you are reading this... thank you so much! You were angels sent from God to encourage me after a day of leaving special people, bike troubles and much spiritual battle! God bless you!
Well, that's what happened and now, I must brave the heat and continue on. My goal is to make the Mountains of Eastern New York tonight.
I still greatly appreciate your prayers and God bless you all!
Timothy

3 comments:

Mike Lenhard said...

Tim,
I've been reading through your Blog about your trip since we returned home and I'm envious of you and your goals.I will try and follow along daily. We were more than happy to share our dinner and breakfast with you at Lakeside Park. Thanks for your conversation and sharing your hopes, dreams and faith with us.
Ride CAREFULLY!
Mike & Jackie

Mike Lenhard said...

Tim,
Been reading through your Blog about your trip and I am envious of you and your goals. I will try and follow along daily. We were more than happy to share dinner and breakfast with you at Lakeside park. Thanks for the conversation and sharing your hopes, dreams and faith with us.
Drive CAREFULLY!
Mike & Jackie

Justin said...

travel well, friend