Sunday, July 13, 2008

"Coincidences"

Greetings All!
There was more to the story for my trip to Hamilton. I had gone quite a while on the motorcycle and needed a break. Well, I pulled off and was going to a Tim Horton's parking lot where I saw two other motorcycle riders. They waved me into the parking spot next to them and we began to talk. It is weird how the people driving motorcycles have a mutual respect for one another even before they even meet. Well, maybe I can write more about that later. We were talking about our trips and getting to know each other when another guy rolls in and parks next to us. He is driving a Gold Wing much like mine, only newer. The conversation keeps going and they ask me where I went to school and what I went for, so I told them that I went for Theology. The one guy was like, "good... what religion." I smiled and said, "Christianity." "Excellent." The next question probably goes without saying, but they asked what I wanted to do with it. I told them about my hopes to get my pilot's license and maybe fly for a mission organization, somewhere. Well, it turns out, the one guy used to fly for African Inland Missions. He was a pilot and did exactly what I want to do. He encouraged me to go for it because it is a sweet job and full of adventure.

Many people believe life of full of coincidences and there is nothing more than that. But, really. Think about this story. I am in a different country, riding a motorcycle through Canada on a crazy trip and I pull into a Tim Horton's. I don't even like coffee, but it was the first parking lot I came to. There happens to be some other motorcycle riders there who wave me in and who care enough to ask about me and my future. Then, this other guy drives in, who happens to be a former missionary pilot, the very thing that I am looking into doing and he just so happens to be nice enough to tell me about it and give me encouragement. It is amazing how many "coincidences" like that happen. Needless to say, after this encounter, I was very encouraged about my trip and about my future plans, at least at this point.

God bless you All!

Timothy

1 comment:

Kim K. said...

Isn't providence great?