Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A continuation... or something like that...

Brothers and Sisters,
As of right now, I am in rural Michigan and the nearest town is Elkton. It was a great day of travel as I had many less miles than the past two days. Yet, I knew that going through the scenic route would add up. After a few 250-300 butt-wrenching mileage days, my mileage total comes to 1,498 and I have paid as much as $4.45 for a gallon of gas. yeah. If you are doing the math, that means that I have gone 10% of the miles of the trip already, in 5 days. Yep, that's right. If you are really using your brain, that means that my days will have much less miles in the future. Yep, you are right again. Good job.

Well, I don't have a lot of specific stories to tell as of yet, but I have seen some beautiful country and have had some very encouraging conversations with several different people. Yet, there has been the other side as well...where I have driven into a community and there is something there that isn't quite right.

Anyway, I cannot describe everything, so I will just type for a while and see what comes out. Since Saturday, there has been nothing but trees. Actually, I don't think there will be a shortage of oxygen any time soon because it has been non-stop trees along both sides of the road for about 1,200 miles. Insane.

If any of you are going to the U.P. of Michigan, I highly recommend Pictured Rocks National Park. There is some spectacular scenery there such as beautiful waters falls and hard, tall cliffs rising out of the deep blue waters of Lake Superior. Hopefully, I can post a few pictures later. Another awesome sight was the Mackinaw Bridge. There is only one word to describe it...big. I won't venture any further than that.

As for living spiritually, I have gone through a lot of ups and downs. There have been awesome times of prayer on the cycle and here have been times where I have felt very close to God, but I also feel like I haven't accomplished anything yet. Vise Versa, there have been times where I was overwhelmed with what I was doing and what I was expecting of myself. Satan is so powerful and we don't even give him credit. His demons can plant thoughts and can use circumstances to get us down and make us feel like we are chasing our tale when, in reality, we are right where God wants us to be and struggling with the trials he wants us to have. I guess, we just have to pray for God to open our eyes and our hearts to see past the lies and deceit of Satan to a brighter vision of the tasks that God has...tasks that can and must be accomplished by everyday, average Christians.
So, prayers for God's vision and not my own would be much appreciated.

1 comment:

Kim K. said...

We are praying for you, Tim.