Monday, September 22, 2008

An update


Greetings all!
Well, I'm not sure what to write. Many miles have been put in since I last blogged and a few pictures have been taken.
For a brief senopsis (however you spell that), I made it to Glacier which was a very beautiful stay. I hiked about 11 miles up to one of the many lakes within the park which offered some spectacular views. Although my time in Glacier was sweet, it didn't quite live up to expectations because the Going to the Sun road was closed, due to construction. I could have driven more of it from the east side, but that would have meant many more miles. Oh well, just another reason to go back. :)

In Glacier last night, I talked with some fellow Minnesotians! It was a great time and it was good to be in the presence of people that understood waving to everyone in town, and driving down gravel roads and knowing the frustrations of being a Vikings fan. It was also great to meet people who liked the Twins and were so friendly. I think that is just a Minnesota trait, but who knows.

Sunday, I made my way South, driving through strong winds, cold weather and some rain and I eventually made it to Belgrade. Actually, I first drove through Manhattan and Church Hill, MT to check out the areas and then made for Belgrade. Long story short, I ended up in a hotel for the first time since Acadia, Maine (besides Oklahoma City with my parents). On Sunday night, I made it to a CRC in Church Hill where I was warmly greeted by some new faces and some that I recognized. It felt like being home, in a place where people know you and it was a great feeling. Thank you so much for all your kindness and for eating some tacos with me!

Tomorrow, Monday, I am heading for Yellowstone and should be there a couple days and then, we shall see where the route takes me.

I'm sorry that this is a more informational blog and not so much what I'm thinking, but I had a few long conversations on the phone tonight about feelings and thoughts and it is late, so basically, I don't feel like sharing anymore. Maybe in the future. Until then, God bless you all!

Tim

P.S. I tried to upload some pictures, but this computer is not having it. Maybe soon, or maybe not until I get home...sorry.

No comments: