Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The furthest point


Brothers and Sisters!
I am now in Ontario, California and this marks the furthest point I will be from home for the rest of the trip. I am pretty excited about that and now beginning to work my way back home. Obviously, it will still be quite some time before I am back, say, a little over a month, but it is still really good to be headed in that general direction. I keep thinking about how awesome it will be to get back on familiar roads and how I am going to savor those last few miles into the wonderful town of Edgerton. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely enjoyed driving and seeing the country and I have had an awesome week of talking with people and seeing amazing things, but there is still part of me that yearns to be in a place where "everyone knows your name," to steal a line from "Cheers."

Well, to sum up what has happened and what is going to happen, I have been in Ridgecrest, CA for a few days spending some time with some awesome people! We talked, laughed, played games, went for fried late at night, kicked balls into the air and just had a good time. Thank you so much!

Yesterday, I drove down to the suberbs of L.A. and met up with a great friend from the wonderful years on Res. Life at Dordt. Being here, on a college campus, has made me realize actually, how much I miss Dordt, the people, the apartment, the ministry and the whole atmosphere. So, if you are there and reading this, really absorb it and enjoy it, because it is an amazing place!

From here, I will begin my journey north, through the central valley to see Sequoia National Park, and Yosemite and also some more sweet people. Who knows who God will have me meet up there.

Reflecting on the last few weeks, God has really been pushing me in many ways. He has shown me how Satan has been getting to me to discourage me on this trip. He has been showing me how I haven't been spending enough time with him and how I'm not taking full advantage of random meetings with people. So, once again, I find myself attempting to do things out of my comfort zone and attempting to challenge myself in growth towards Christ and also towards other people. Please pray for this growth!

I got a new tire put on the motorcycle, so that should get me back home. It also got a bath, so once again, it is shiny. Well, that's about it. Until we meet again.

May the Lord bless you!

Tim

No comments: