Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 64... Moving North

Brothers and Sisters in Christ!
It has now been a couple days since I blogged, which I'm sure some of you are thankful for! :) Right now, I am in Visalia, CA hanging out with some friends. My time in Ontario, CA was awesome! We had great conversation, good times playing volleyball and tennis, watching a little tv here and there and getting some reading done. I loved it, but being on a college campus really made me miss being at Dordt. sigh.

Yesterday was a good ride with many different points to it. To start off, it was beautiful weather leaving Ontario to drive up and through the mountains. Again, I got into the desert landscape, but being in mountains, the temp wasn't so bad. I spent the first half hour or better in prayer, recapping what has happened in the last week and what I need to do better and what I have done well. It was a great time of prayer! From there, it just overflowed into worship where I would sing any song that came to mind and just belt it out as I was travelling down the road. It made miles pass quickly and was also the best worship I had in many, many days.

I made it to the Tehachapi Loop, which most of you don't have a clue about. It is a railroad loop where many trains have to pass through every day and it is cool because it is this huge loop where a train is literally driving overtop of itself either going up the mountain or going down. Most of you wouldn't care at all, but for the few railfans, they might be interested.

From there, I drove down out of the mountains to the central valley and it was hot! I got down there and it was now late afternoon, yet it was hotter than when I left L.A. at 12:30. But, there is nothing to do except keep driving. While driving down the interstate, I saw a sign along side the highway that said 101 degrees and this was at 6:10 p.m.! Here in Visalia, it was 107 yesterday. It is just plain hot, which I hear, is quite the opposite from back home.

From here, I plan on working my way up the valley and hitting Yosemite and then cutting across to San Francisco and then up the west coast. The weather should start getting cooler as I head north and towards the coast, so we shall see. Just as long as the temps and snow hold out until I am heading the last stretch towards home.

I wish that I could record my thoughts as I ride, because I mull over so many things that I would like to get your thoughts about, but now I can't remember. Whatever. Feel free to make comments about anything I say or send me an email or something. As of now, the trip is going very well, I am trying to get more focused on my goals once again and yet I do yearn for those last 2 days of riding towards home!

God bless you all!

Tim

No comments: