Monday, September 1, 2008

Desert Wind

Dear Friends!
I have made it to Ridgecrest, CA! Since the last time I blogged, I left the Grand Canyon, drove the rest of the way across Arizona, visited the Hoover Dam, camped just east of Las Vegas, on lake Mead, went to church in Vegas (yeah, there are churches there), and then drove through the Mojave Desert yesterday to get to Ridgecrest!

Once again, there are too many stories to tell. I had a reflection from the hike that I might share with you later. Yesterday, I talked with a guy in a Burger King who was riding motorcycle. It was a great conversation and he was a super friendly guy, but the part I wanted to write about was how his friend broke down. Yesterday, I saw many people beside the road and heard about more people breaking down, and that is something that hasn't happened to me yet and I have decided that is because or your prayers. How else is it, that I can drive 10,300 miles and not have any problems, besides one battery? So, thank you so much! That is your prayer work happening! Of course, now that I have said all that, the bike will break down within a few more days of travel. :)

Yesterday was the most technical, tiring day of driving I had had yet. This was so because of the wind. Honestly, it felt like I was back home in Minnesota. The wind had to be pushing 30-40 mph. I drove right into it the whole day, which made for bad mileage, but then I turned north and had to ride perpendicular to it. Driving at a 45 degree angle isn't so fun. As semis would approach, I would hunker down like a cat awaiting a blow after pooping on the floor, because that's what the wind would do: give you a good blow. Anyone who rides motorcycle knows what I am talking about. It was definitely intersting driving, but once again, the Lord guided me safely through.

Here, I will get a new rear tire put on, as this one has lasted about 10,500 miles, which is really good for a cycle tire. Then, I continue on and will soon be heading back north.

Thank you so much for all your prayers and may the Lord bless you all!

Tim

No comments: