Friday, September 19, 2008

Day 77


Another Weekend approaching!
Since the weekend is coming, I thought I should update the blog again since I probably won't be able to in the next couple days.

Currently, I am in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho and heading for Glacier National Park. Today will probably mark the furthest north I will have been on the trip. I haven't really looked at a map, but it seems like it should. The plan is, to get to Glacier, camp tonight and then hike around there tomorrow and camp again that night and then start heading south towards Yellowstone. It should be a good time and I have heard great things about the park, so I am really excited!

Yesterday, I made it all the way to Spokane, WA and it amazed me how the landscape changed. From Oak Harbor, I headed into the mountains and on the West side, they were green and very lush, but as I kept going through them, the trees eventually gave way to smaller shrubs and then scrub brush and soon, I found myself in a desert like setting, similar to New Mexico and Arizona. I was really surprised! Then, going further, the landscape changed again to miles upon miles of harvested wheat fields. It was quite a change.

Really, I don't have a lot to write right now, but I felt I should blog before the weekend. The plan from here, which still could be changed, is to head south to Yellowstone and then through the Tetons to Salt Lake City and then continue south to come into Colorado from the West. From there, head east through the mountains to Denver and then up north again to Rocky Mountain National Park and to the Black Hills and then back across South Dakota, home. I figure, it should take about 3 weeks or a little less. That is what I am figuring anyway.

Well, for not having a lot to say, I have said a lot. Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you so much for all your prayers, for I know that this trip would not have gone this well without all your prayers! God bless you all!

Tim

No comments: