Tuesday, October 28, 2008


No I did not take that picture.

The past couple days have been good. This morning, I woke up in the dark, as usual, and got ready for work. Well, it had frozen pretty hard last night and I thought it would be cold outside. It was about 22 degrees or something like that, but once we got to work, it was a beautiful morning with no wind at all. The sun started to rise, lighting the few clouds that were in the sky with a light shade of pink and eventually, the golden orange curl of the sun came over the horizon. That is one nice thing about getting to work before sunrise... every day we are outside (and it is clear) we get to see the sunrise. Just another blessing!

Today, it warmed up to the mid 50s or so. Upon arriving at home, the motorcycle was calling my name, so I decided to answer. I fired one of them up and got down and buzzed around town for a few minutes and then shot north out of town, putting a few miles of road behind me. It brought back the trip and it really hit me how much I miss traveling by motorcycle and seeing country. It guess that could be part of the mourning process of a change in life. Anyway, with winter approaching, I better ride as much as I can because soon, the cycles will have to rest for the winter. Sad day. On the other hand, that also means the ice fishing equipment comes out... yay! Oh, dilemmas!

1 comment:

Linda said...

You're going to miss trying to place to ice fish in Northwest Iowa, aren't you?