Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Home... good ol' Minnesota!


Home!
After 95 days on the road, driving through all kinds of weather conditions and landscapes, I have arrived back in the corn and bean fields of southwest Minnesota! It is kind of surreal to believe I am back here after all the places I have been in the last 3 months and yet, sitting in my living room and seeing Edgerton, it feels like I have never left.

After the accident on Friday, I had an opportunity to spend time with relatives in Evans, CO which was a great time and for their kindness, I can never thank them enough. On Sunday, my parents came down and picked me and the motorcycle up and from there, we made our way to Rapid City, SD Sunday night. It was so good to see my parents as well! I hadn't seen them in a month and a half and even though we talked every night on the phone, almost, it was good to hug them and see their faces.

Monday was a day where we toured Crazy Horse, Mt. Rushmore, the Needles Highway and Spearfish Canyon. All of which were excellent, even if it was done in the pickup. Then, Tuesday held the drive across South Dakota back home.

I still have much reflecting to do on the trip, but here marks another change in my life where I will actually be in the same place for quite some time and where I must try to discern where God wants me to do his kingdom work here and in what manner to do it. There is so much work to do!

I have been very disappointed the last few days of not being able to ride the motorcycle all the way back, but also thinking about it, God provided blessing upon blessing through the accident and the next few days. I still fight my disappointment, but as someone said to me, it feels better when we can look to God working through what happened and see his hand guiding every step of the way.

Well, I have much work to do to wrap the trip up, settle back in and get all the insurance stuff taken care of. If you are around, stop in. I'm home!
Pictures of Rocky Mountain National Park and the accident will get posted pretty soon, so stay in tune for those!

God bless you all and I can not thank you enough for all your prayers in the past 3 months. I'm convinced that they saved my life and brought the opportunities that they did.

Again, May God bless you all!

Tim

No comments: