Saturday, October 11, 2008

A time of thought



I have now slept in the same bed for 3 nights in a row. One more, and that will be the longest I have been in one place since July 1-5. It feels kind of weird to be back.

Actually, my whole life, after reading stories such as the Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings, I always wondered what it would be like for those people to go on such a grand adventure and see amazing things, but then return to where they live and go back to normal life. For example, in C.S. Lewis' "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe," the 4 children fight wars, become kings and queens and do all these amazing things, then they are back to ordinary life.

By no means was my adventure quite like theirs. There were no orcs trying to kill me, no ring to destroy, no battles against the white witch... yet, on the other hand... Satan was there, trying to discourage me, Jesus (Aslan) was also there whispering encouragement: part of me was lost, part of me was found anew...

As of now, I am in a transition time that most college graduates have gone through already. I am going to start work on Monday, the college loans come due in about a month and reality is reminding me that this is where I am going to live for at least a couple years. It's exciting and scary at the same time. I haven't lived, year around, in a place since high school, so it will be a new adjustment, but, I think, one that I will welcome.

Although, who knows when the open road will start a' knockin'...

No comments: