Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Transition


I have now been in Edgerton about 12 days. Since returning home, I relaxed and unpacked and attempted to wrap up my trip, which is an ongoing process. Also, a week of work is in the books and a couple weekends of hanging out with family and friends. It has been very good to be home.

Really, my transition to living back in Edgerton has been pretty easy and I think that is because I was so ready to get home. This week though, I thought about it some more and it is weird to think that this is my life for the next few years. For 17-18 years of my 23 years on earth have been a process of school, Christmas break, school, summer break, over and over again. There was change every few months. Now, I find myself looking at a future of "normal" life and I don't think it has really set in yet.

In reality, it excites me and scares me at the same time. Discontentment might set in and a search for more adventure might take a hold of me to the point where I want to leave, but really can't. On the other hand, God's work, here, in Edgerton and the surrounding area has been and continues to excite me. There is an amazing opportunity to serve here and I just pray God gives me a clearer picture of what that looks like.

So, I continue to think and feel my way through this transition. My devotions have taken somewhat of a hit since getting home and I have felt somewhat disconnected from God. Hopefully, that gets better soon.

God bless you all!

Tim

No comments: