Sunday, November 2, 2008

Decisions...


Decisions, Decisions...
Quite often, it seems like the picture above is so true. I know I almost always feel like I made the wrong decision whether it deals with construction or friends or life in general. Yet, decisions have to be made and the consequences, good or bad, must be lived with.

I have a few decisions to make in the near future. Currently, I am doing carpentry full time and I am hoping to start taking flying lessons in a couple of weeks to a month. The main decisions coming up step from how I want to be, or feel called to be, involved in this community. I have been approached by my high school to apply to coach the freshman basketball team. I think it would be a lot of fun working with high school students and being involved in that way, yet practice would be right in the middle of my afternoon of carpentry. I need work, to pay for my flying lessons. I also want to get involved in my home church and minister there. So, it seems like I need to make a decision about how much I can juggle and still be able to take flying lessons, which is one of my top priorities.

A week from Monday is when I need to let the school know whether I will coach or not. I am torn because I think it would be sweet and a great opportunity to minister, even though I'm not sure how good of a coach I would make. Yet, it is at a really bad time for work and flying lessons, which I was also hoping to do during the week.

That is one of the big decisions in my mind right now: how to manage my time and where do I feel called to minister?

Any suggestions? Thoughts? Observations?

In other news, the insurance company totaled out my motorcycle, but I bought it back and we settled on a price, so I got a good sized check yesterday. Fix up to follow.

Friday, I went to the prison to hang out with the inmates. Man did I miss that. Anyone want to come along in the future?

The weekend held warm temps, motorcycle rides, a little work and some ups and downs, joys and frustrations in church. Again, there is something here that just bugs me, but I can't put my finger on it.

Anyway, I have to pray and get to bed. Work comes tomorrow morning. May God continue to bless you all!

Tim

No comments: