Monday, November 10, 2008

It's my life...

Greetings all!
Winter is here. Last week, the weather was crazy, as many of you know, since you live here. Monday and Tuesday, we were working outside in short sleeve t-shirts. Well, by Thursday night, snow began to fly and Friday was a day of wet sloppy snow causing ice to form on the roads. As of right now, it is in the teens and snow covers the ground. Oh, fall.

This weekend, I went down to Dordt to visit a bunch of people. It was a great time hanging out and talking with people. Pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday were spent walking around and socializing. Sunday, I went to the church I went to my whole time at Dordt and it was awesome to be back there. Honestly, being there really made me miss it a lot. I miss the people, the college atmosphere, the schedule, the ministry... pretty much, the college life in general. It was something I knew I missed a lot, but I kind of forgot about... you know how time dulls your mind to the way things were.

Now that I'm home, that transition is setting in a little more. For most of my memorable life, it has been a cycle of school, summer, school, summer. Now, that cycle is broken and a new phase of the journey kicks in and I'm trying to figure out exactly what that path looks like. How do I continue to minister in Edgerton? How do I fit flying in with my schedule and where exactly will that lead? At this point, many questions continue to fly and I guess, there are answers somewhere down the path.

No comments: