Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ice Fishing

Some call me crazy, others say only one person does it and others say, "You do what?!" Wednesday, I embark on a journey to the northern confines of Minnesota, aka, "The Holy Land." Here, the water is clear, trees roam free and darkness reveals the true majesty of a crystal layer of snow and starry night combination. In this wonderland, ice fishing will commence.

This is a trip that I look forward to every year. Truly, I wish every one of you had the opportunity to ice fish and really partake in the beautiful aspects of it. A lot of times, (depending on who you are with) catching fish isn't necessarily the point. Great conversations can flow freely or authentic prayer times where the only sound around is the light flapping of the tarp on the ice house. If a person stays until after dark on a clear night, some of the best starry sky's can be seen from the ice, arising a moment of awe.

I hope all of you get an opportunity to go sometime and if you want to go, feel free to get a hold of me.

No comments: