Sunday, June 22, 2008

A little nervous

Greetings Friends,
It is now 13 days until I leave on the trip. This summer has consisted of various activities to try and get myself into shape. My peddle bike has been a regular workout for several reasons: one, it helps me get in shape aerobically and two, it should toughen up my backside a little for the many miles of sitting on a motorcycle seat.
This past week, I compiled a list of things to take along and it seems really long, so I think that sometime this week or early next week, I will do a "practice run" and load up the cycle with what I want and see how it fits.

To be honest, this weekend I have been getting more and more nervous about it. The size of it intimidates and the length of it is comparable to an entire semester at school, except now, I won't have people with me at all time. man... Currently, I can't put into words what I am feeling because I am super excited to have an adventure like that and it has been sweet to think about it and plan it, but now that it is approaching and the reality of it is setting in, my nervousness is also coming around. Much prayer and much trust is needed during this time of preparation.
Thanks. until next time.

1 comment:

Micah said...

Im looking forward to following your exploits.
If you are in Chicago, feel free to drop on by.