Monday, November 9, 2009

More music!

Tonight was somewhat of a flip of yesterday. Yesterday, I commented on how awesome it can be with “messy” worship because when it happens, so often it is straight from the heart. After all, the Bible says to “make a joyful noise...” Not song. Noise.

Anyway, tonight, I went to see Avalon and Selah perform together and it was nothing less of outstanding! These are the type of people that make me want to be a better musician because of how good they are. All their notes, their harmonies and their cords are practiced to perfection where the timing just clicks and they are allowed to worship without worrying about the music. It just flows. Obviously that comes after hours of practice. It was the type of music that sends chills reverberating through your entire body because of how sweet and melodious the music is.

I cannot wait until the day we are in the new creation and there are musicians from Adam to today. I want to hear the harps, lyres, drums, flutes, horns, guitars, pianos and any other instrument all join together to worship the King! I want to hear jazz, classical, rock; music from Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas.

The last two days, God has once again showed me two awesome kinds of worship. One of pure heart, but not so musically, shall I say, pure. The other, almost painfully crisp and filled with energy pointing back towards heaven. Both have equal weight and both glorify God and I pray, that I can continue to love both my whole life.

1 comment:

lindsey said...

congrats on getting your pilot's license! can you fly to chicago now?